Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pullach im Isartal

This is my current residence, and it means something like "Pullach-on-Isar" because it's situated next to the Isar river. 'Tal' means valley, so more correctly it would be "Pullach on the Isar valley". Here's a nice shot of the Isar river.


If you look closely, you can see the Alps in the distance (the picture is taken toward the south). Also if you look closely, the river is on the left, and there's a canal (a diverted part of the river) on the right. The canal appears to be used to run some power stations. In between these two is a raised berm with a running path on it. That's one of the places where I (and many others) run.

And here is my house. Well, it's Karl's house.  We'll, 1/4 of it is Karl's house. It's a 'quadplex' in which four different 'apartments' have been made. We are in the front left.


I actually live in the Großhesselohe section of Pullach. Großhesselohe and Pullach used to be two separate cities, but recently they merged and have one Mayor. In addition, it's a separate city, not a part of Munich. This meant that to get my 'residence permit', I had to go to the office specifically for the outlying regions, not for those who wish to be a resident in Munich. But the good news is that I think I'm done with the German bureaucracy....for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment